Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Songs of the Summer


Usually about this time of the year I make a mixtape called "The Weekend of Dreams". I made volume III last year, and I have a few others in my collection like "Belmar Bhangra", "Mr. Manasquan", and "DJ Tanner Full House Party II". The mixes are basically a continuous blend of all hot summer jams, aka party starters. I have yet to throw one together this year, but I will soon enough. In the meantime, here is a list of songs that spark memories of the summer. Most of these songs remind me of the Jersey Shore. Others remind me of baseball games, getting my license, graduating from school, backyard deck parties with party balls, and other quintessential summer classics. Here's my list in chronological order. Post your favorites and I will make a big summer compilation for anyone who wants it.


Summertime Blues-Eddie Cochran

La Bamba-Richie Valens

Kokomo-Beach Boys

In the Summertime-Mungo Jerry

It's Still Rock 'n' Roll to Me-Billy Joel

Paradise City-GNR

Lithium-Nirvana

Under the Bridge-RHCP

Alive-Pearl Jam

Three Little Birds-Bob Marley

Nuthin but a "G" Thang-Dr. Dre

Gin N Juice-Snoop

Juicy-Biggie

Ants Marching-DMB

Santa Monica-Everclear

Ready or Not-The Fugees

Where it's At-Beck

8:16-311

Spiderwebs-No Doubt

40oz to Freedom (the whole album)-Sublime

Crazy in Love-Beyonce feat Jay-Z

Never Leave You (uh ooh)-Lumidee

Montego Slay-People Under The Stairs

California Dreaming-Benny Bennassi

Satisfaction-Benny Benassi

Jamrock-Damian Marley

Best of You-Foo Fighters

Beverly Hills-Weezer

When the Lights Go Down (in Belmar)-Armand Van Helden

Love Generation-Bob Sinclair

Put Your Hands Up for Detroit-Freddie LeGrand




1 comment:

RB said...

dude, this list isn't complete without:

Luciano - Serve Jah
Richie Spice - Dance a Run Red