Monday, June 25, 2007

Weekend Happenings


On Saturday, my least favorite NY Giant in pressure situations, Eli Manning, got engaged in Hoboken to longtime sweetheart Abby McGrew. My sources tell me that after much debate he decided to pop the question at the bar El Cuatro at the pre-party for Saturday's Hoboken Puerto Rican Day Parade. Local resident and neighborhood watch coordinator Tanny Fats oversaw the proceedings to validate the announcement. Here is a link to a gay article about Eli. Look at the first comment posted. Deuce chills all around.
http://blog.nj.com/hobokennow/2007/06/eli_manning_i_got_engaged_in_h.html#more

On another front, my brother told me that the Caged Fury match was a great time in AC with many more exciting, racially charged fights taking place in the stands than in the actual octagon. Ray Mercer kept the always honorable spirit of boxing alive by basically throwing the mixed martial arts fight versus Kimbo Slice. kinda lame.








Finally, on a completely serious note, my thoughts and prayers go out to my friend Phil's family as their patriarch passed away early today. Please say a prayer for them.

1 comment:

Brett said...

Brown Handy and the not-so-rad racer have given the union their blessing and will each commit 11 thefts in Eli's honor.